Magpie People are working with a market leading specialist Manufacturing company based in Rotherham who are looking to recruit an experienced Electrical Design Engineer. You will be joining an established team working on developing products for a market leading company with a global presence
Main Duties of the role
- Create electrical detailed designs of systems and sub-systems from defined client specification, this will include designing control panels (including layouts), schematics, and creation of associated documentation including BOM’s, manufacturing drawings etc.
- Performing various engineering functions associated with R&D process development and proving concepts with real end products.
- Hands-on product development, modelling and reporting of results.
- Liaison with customers and suppliers.
- Provide technical assistance to customers.
- Work within the agreed time scales and costs, liaise with the customer and all other departments in the Company at all levels.
- Knowledge and experience of design change control and release procedures MRP and or ERP systems
- To support the manufacturing process, resolving and clarifying electrical and wiring issues in products
You should have
- The successful candidate will have experience as an electrical design draughtsman using Electrical CAD Software.
- Previous experience in an Electrical manufacturing environment is necessary and we would anticipate a minimum qualification in an appropriate subject at HND level.
- Experience in the use of applicable directives, norms and standards used in light industrial applications
- The successful applicant will need to have good communication skills as the duties will include liaising with internal departments, along with external customers on occasion, have the ability to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision, prioritise work load and the skills to be a good team player.
- PLC programming experience would be an advantage.
Magpie People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Magpie People is a Recruitment Consultancy with over a decade of experience of delivering recruitment solutions to the Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical industries
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org