Magpie People are working with a market leading Manufacturing company based in Sheffield who are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their established team.
My client have a global presence and offer engineering solutions to a wide range of industry sectors, including Power, Rail, Materials Handling and the manufacturing industry itself
Main Duties of the Design Engineer role
- Generation of concepts with other teams across the business whilst also working with customers
- Strong knowledge of advanced manufacturing techniques and a willingness to keep abreast of advancements in all aspects of engineering
- Lead formal DFMA session for mechanical assemblies at key stages of the project and issue follow-up actions and report
- Selection of concepts with other cross-functional team members both internal and external.
- Failure analysis including root cause analysis.
- Detailed design including materials selection.
- A strong track record of making reasoned design and product support decisions that support the goals of the company and ensure customer requirements are adhered to.
To be suitable for this Design Engineer role you should have
- A degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering or relevant Design engineering industry experience
- A strong background in the design of electro-mechanical systems in an industrial, automotive or aerospace environment.
- A good understanding at a systems level and considers Electrical Controls, reliability and maintenance requirements
Magpie People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Magpie People is a Recruitment Consultancy with over a decade of experience of delivering recruitment solutions to the Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical industries
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org