Magpie People are working with a specialist Manufacturing company based in Rotherham who are looking to recruit an experienced Equipment Design Engineer to join their established Engineering team. My client are a leading manufacturing company with a global footprint and supply a wide range of precision equipment
Main Duties of the role
Design and provide drawings and parts list for new jigs, fixtures and automated equipment generated with CATIA software and that they are filed in the appropriate manner. Provide diagrams for hydraulic and pneumatic controls where appropriate.
Ensure an external supplier follows the same design guidelines as an internal project together with adherence to quality, costs and timing.
- Recommend improvements to equipment and provide technological support on cost saving, reduction of downtime, improvement in OEE and continuous improvement programmes.
- Responsible for full commitment and support for training, communications, environmental issues, health and safety, quality policy, housekeeping and personal discipline.
- Ensure that the interfaces between design, tool making and automation sections are fully effective.
- Equipment design is thoroughly reviewed with regard to manufacturing feasibility, cost efficiency, quality. reliability, maintainability and durability.
Responsible to a piece of equipment is fully handed over for launch into production, including training.
You should have
- Educated to degree level, in Mechanical Engineer or relevant industry experience
- Experienced of sourcing externally manufactured equipment and introducing to manufacturing process, working with suppliers.
- Ability to demonstrate a range of skills including, time management, task orientation, team working, communication, planning, problem solving, negotiation and commercial awareness
Magpie People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Magpie People is a Recruitment Consultancy with over a decade of experience of delivering recruitment solutions to the Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical industries
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org