Magpie People are working with a specialist Manufacturing company based in Rotherham who are looking to recruit an experienced Quality Engineer. with a strong Automotive background.
This company looks to develop it’s staff and this current vacancy has been created due to internal promotion within the team. Get in touch for more information about the role and company
Main Duties of the role
- Predominantly plans and monitors production and Quality activity on a scale of daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.
- Recommendations to senior Engineers internally and customers regarding component quality or to eliminate Quality issues.
- Supports internal continuous improvement projects, highlights resource conflicts and address’s said restrictions.
- Take decisions, when system, component or product quality is questionable.
- Escalates to production quality manager any project failures or resource conflicts
- Responsible to take part in the decreasing of cost of poor quality based on department objectives and principal accountabilities
You should have
- Knowledge and experience in various Quality management tools including 8D, FMEA, CP , SPC, ISO/TS 16949
- A background in Lean management and continuous improvement- ideally with Lean Six Sigma green belt.
- Good Analytical and practical problem solving ability
- Previous relative experience in a similar environment within a high volume manufacturing environment
Magpie People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Magpie People is a Recruitment Consultancy with over a decade of experience of delivering recruitment solutions to the Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical industries
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org