Magpie People are working with a specialist Manufacturing company based in Barnsley who are looking to recruit an experienced Puchasing and Logistics Manager, to control the companies Supply Chain system
My client who are a market leading company with an established team, and supply into a range of market sectors
Main Duties of the role
- Responsible for all purchasing and supply chain activities.
- Work closely with manufacturing facility in order to ensure availability of materials into the process.
- Responsible for logistics using both internal resources and external sources
- Develop effective relationships with suppliers.
- Prepare, submit and expedite request for proposals and/or quotations to suppliers
- To ensure selected suppliers deliver quality product.
- Ensure that suppliers are adequately scrutinised, and coordinate tender process for suppliers and specific requirements
- Promote a policy of continuous improvement including supplier “cost down” initiatives, with an agreed year on year target reduction.
- Monitor costs against expected, quoted and previously paid values.
- Liaise with engineering department on technical matters and when alternative components require selection.
- To ensure effective stock levels are maintained and monitored, and take control of stock takes as and when required
- Ensure that appropriate supplier audits take place and that appropriate supplier relationships are built and maintained.
- Support the sales department with tender work.
- Ensure that appropriate authority levels are obtained for purchases
- Maintain correct and up to date supplier information on the MRP system
You should have
- Purchasing, inventory and distribution management skills
- Previous experience from the manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of metal fabrications & machining would be preferred
- Strong logistics background, with both internal resources and using 3rd party suppliers
- Negotiation skills and ability communicate at all levels
- Knowledge of import and export regulations and documentation
Magpie People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Magpie People is a Recruitment Consultancy with over a decade of experience of delivering recruitment solutions to the Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical industries
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com