Magpie People are working with a market leading specialist Manufacturing company based in Sheffield who are looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Project Manager
Main Duties of the role
- Technical consultation with both internal and external customers to determine the project specification.
- Agree the design, quality standards, and budget of the project.
- Create quotations and technical specifications.
- Manage multiple projects ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget, and meet the customer’s technical requirement.
- Organise and lead work teams, co-ordinating bespoke and NPD project activities.
- Identify problems and evaluate possible solutions to meet the client’s needs.
- Prepare documentation, test specifications and instruction manuals for products
- Oversee installation and commissioning and create the relevant documentation i.e. Risk Assessments and Method Statements
You should have
- Degree qualification in mechanical engineering, material sciences, physics, process engineering or be able to demonstrate work at an appropriate level.
- Knowledge of properties and treatment of technical materials
- Previous experience in the field of technically demanding products.
- Should have project management qualifications, Prince2 an advantage, and proven experience within previous roles.
- Knowledge of relevant directives and safety standards is essential.
- Ideally have come from a design engineer with the ability to present technical information to others including mechanical and electrical design draughtsmen.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams including engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing, purchasing and suppliers/sub-contractors.
Magpie People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Magpie People is a Recruitment Consultancy with over a decade of experience of delivering recruitment solutions to the Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical industries
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com