Magpie People are working with a market leading specialist Manufacturing company based in Sheffield who are looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager with experience of mechanical handling systems. My client has a number of exciting projects in the pipeline and have been growing continually over the last few years
Main Duties of the role
- Attend a handover meeting with Sales and Engineering so that new projects are handed over effectively with all relevant documentation. Hand-over pack and minutes to be recorded.
- Co-ordinate with the Project Team and other departments as necessary
- Develop and issue project timing plan using Primavera or MS Project software showing ‘milestone’ dates.
- Achieve project timing objectives.
- Ensure that the designs solution achieve project specifications.
- Manage the project costs against the estimate and bring any overspend concerns to the attention of Head of Projects and or the Commercial Manager.
- Raise purchase orders on approved suppliers considering quality and value. Competitive prices required for all enquiries unless agreed by the Commercial Manager or Head of Projects.
Expedite orders and arrange deliveries to correct location
You should have
- Track record of successfully delivering engineering projects meeting equivalent project success factors.
- Experience delivering projects in Industrial, Nuclear/Oil & Gas, commercial industries.
- A strong knowledge of commercial contract management and administration
- A relevant degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline or proven and significant experience of working within an engineering company
- Demonstrable understanding of relevant engineering standards, Health & Safety, CDM & CE Regulations
Magpie People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Magpie People is a Recruitment Consultancy with over a decade of experience of delivering recruitment solutions to the Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical industries
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org