Magpie People are working with a specialist Engineering company based in Sheffield who are looking to recruit an experience Product Development Manager.
You will be leading a team focusing on New Product Development, you should have a strong Design background
Main Duties of the role
- Lead the design and development of new products and product engineering and facilitate a culture of cost-effective continuous improvement and lead initiatives to optimise efficiency and accelerate project execution.
- Oversee the daily activities of the R&D team, to ensure that the team is working within the agreed project guidelines, and ensuring all project goals and objectives are being met.
- Manage and Lead projects within the agreed scope specification.
- Frequently review progress and cost-risk analysis to assure focus is given to the most beneficial projects, filter out all non-viable projects.
- Gain knowledge of existing products, materials, design rules and production techniques with the aim to redevelop existing products
- Ensure new products are designed for usability, reliability, functionality, marketability and manufacturability.
- Create and issue drawings to production, specifications to sales, and answer customer queries on these products.
- Ensure all equipment complies with all relevant safety and performance standards
You should have
- Strong R&D experience within an engineering or manufacturing company preferred.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline including mechanical/electrical/product design or relevant industry expereince
- Understanding of design process, design research, prototyping and manufacturing processes.
- Possess strong drive/ accountability, have the ability to push projects and work flows forward whilst remaining delivery focused.
Magpie People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Magpie People is a Recruitment Consultancy with over a decade of experience of delivering recruitment solutions to the Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical industries
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com