Magpie People are working with a specialist Engineering company based in Sheffield who are looking to expand their design team. You should be an experienced Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Main Duties of the role
- Lead and mentor Design and draughting team, including experienced Engineers and recent graduates.
- Oversee the daily activities of the draughting team, to ensure that the team is working within the agreed project plan, and ensuring all project goals and objectives are being met.
- Produce detailed drawings from 3D models and design concepts.
- Look to make improvements to design processes in to the manufacturing process.
- Check and verify accuracy and completeness of all finished drawings.
- Ensure draughting technical details to BS 8888.
- Manager the engineering design change control
You should have
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline including mechanical/electrical/product design or relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Solid Edge software and other 3D Design software packages
- Possesses and applies extensive knowledge of draughting standards and expertise with Solid Edge to the completion of complex assignments.
- Understanding of design process, design research, prototyping and manufacturing processes.
- Clear leadership qualities and demonstrated success in change management.
Magpie People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Magpie People is a Recruitment Consultancy with over a decade of experience of delivering recruitment solutions to the Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical industries
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com