Magpie People are working with a specialist Engineering company based in Sheffield who are looking to expand their design team. You should be an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with experience of bespoke mechanical handling equipment.
Main Duties of the role
- Provide detailed mechanical design of systems and sub-systems from defined client specification, this will include creating a 3D CAD model, gas and pneumatics schematics, and the creation of associated documentation including BOM’s, manufacturing drawings etc.
- Work within the agreed time scales and costs, liaise with the customer and all internal departments
- Build knowledge of existing products, materials, design rules and production techniques with the aim to redevelop existing products by enhancing these techniques, reducing materials costs, and improving production efficiencies where possible.
- Apply design techniques such as design for manufacture, design for assembly etc.
- Knowledge and experience of design change control and release procedures MRP and or ERP systems
- Support the manufacturing process, resolving and clarifying mechanical issues in products
You should have
- Strong background and experience as a mechanical design draughtsman using CAD Software.
- Experience in a mechanical manufacturing environment is necessary
- Educated to a minimum qualification in an appropriate subject at HND level.
- Experience in the use of applicable directives, norms and standards used in light industrial applications are essential.
- The successful applicant will need to have good communication skills as the duties will include liaising with internal departments, have the ability to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision, prioritise work load and the skills to be a good team player.
- Strong knowledge of mechanisms, gearing, basic pneumatics with an ability to perform basic calculations is required.
- Good knowledge of welding and fabrication practices
Magpie People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Magpie People is a Recruitment Consultancy with over a decade of experience of delivering recruitment solutions to the Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical industries
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org