Magpie People are working with a Manufacturing company based in Barnsley established for over 20 years who are looking to recruit an experienced Design Draughtsmen with experience from the manufacturing sector, ideally related to the construction industry
Main Duties of the role
- Progress the customer’s order from technical enquiries through to delivery to site
- Correspond with customer to request information.
- Attend site meetings when required to acquire design and program information or resolve problems.
- Maintain the project file and quality documentation to a high standard
- Ensure all necessary calculations are carried out, and drawings are produced and that our designs are illustrated to a high level
- Issue designs and drawings for approval.
- Co-ordinate approvals and customers instructions to manufacture.
- Prepare clear and accurate manufacturing drawings and schedules for order processing.
- Manage the manufacturing and delivery process with production. Provide information to customer as necessary to ensure customer expectations are managed and exceeded.
You should have
- Strong Design background with a good understanding 2D AutoCAD design package, ideally with some experience of 3D Design software as well
- A background working in the Construction industry, or related fields
- Previous experience of liaising with customers and suppliers
- Experience of Project Management across a range of project sizes
Magpie People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Magpie People is a Recruitment Consultancy with over a decade of experience of delivering recruitment solutions to the Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical industries
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com