Magpie People have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineering Buyer to join a well established engineering company based in Barnsley. The position has been created through growth over the last 18 months
The main duties of the role:
- Previous experience of purchasing in a contract engineering environment
- Responsible for ensuring that specialist subcontract goods and services are purchased within required timescales, specifications and cost.
- Proactively source new suppliers of products and services to ensure best value and delivery
- Strong communication skills, together with a high level of analytical skills are required due to the strong focus on liaising with internal and external individuals.
- A strong understanding of fabrication and machining / mechanical and electrical engineering environments and will be working on a wide range of projects
You should have:
- Experience of working within a complex manufacturing environment, particularly fabrication and welding
- Ideally CIPS qualified
- Ability to assess value for money purchasing in Fabrication / CNC Machining environment
- Previous purchasing of subcontract services within a Fabrication and Machining environment
- Knowledge of EFACS software and advantage.
Magpie People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Magpie People is a Recruitment Consultancy with over a decade of experience of delivering recruitment solutions to the Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical industries
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org